Food Safety System Certification (FSSC) 22000
AIBI-CS offers certification to the FSSC 22000 standards for food safety and food packaging, which are based on existing ISO standards.
What Does the Standard Cover?
These standards cover food legality and safety, but not quality.
FSSC 22000 contains a complete certification scheme for food safety systems based on:
- Food safety management standard ISO 22000: 2005 ‘Requirements for any organization in the food chain’
- Prerequisite programs on food safety for food manufacturing – ISO/TS 22002-1
- Prerequisite programs for packaging manufacturing – ISO/TS 22003-14
Companies that are already certified against ISO 22000 will only need an additional review against ISO/TS 22002-1 (food manufacturers) or ISO/TS 22003-14 (packaging manufacturers) to meet this certification scheme.
What Are the Key Benefits?
FSSC is often a good fit for companies that want more flexibility, as it is the least prescriptive certification audit. Another advantage is that the audit happens every year regardless of how you score, since it is a pass or fail audit, which differs from other schemes that require a 6-month follow-up audit if you don’t achieve a high score.
FSSC audits are also good for companies who want to test their written programs first to see if they are ready for full audit because they are divided into two separate audit phases: documentation and facility. Companies can make corrections between the two audit phases, without impacting their final score, which can save money in the long run.
Why Use AIBI-CS Over Other FSSC-Approved Certification Bodies?
- AIBI-CS auditors are well calibrated, which means our clients are less likely to have their certificates revoked or withdrawn due to procedure error by the Certification Body.
- AIBI-CS is committed to providing the best possible products and services to our valued clients at the most competitive price points in the industry.
- 90% of companies using AIBI-CS as their certification body stay with us. The industry average is 79.9%.