Safe Quality Food (SQF) Code
AIBI-CS offers certification to the Safe Quality Food (SQF) Code, which includes audit modules for food manufacturing, packaging, and storage and distribution.
SQF Code meets the needs of all suppliers in the food industry and emphasizes the systematic application of HACCP for control of food quality hazards as well as food safety. SQF implementation addresses food safety and quality requirements, and is ideal for businesses supplying local and global food markets.
SQF Certification offers two GFSI-benchmarked levels. Level 2 covers food safety and legality. Level 3 covers food safety and legality and also includes comprehensive product quality requirements. It is acceptable to get initial certification at Level 2 and then advance to Level 3 at a later date.
What Are the Key Benefits?
SQF audits are often a good fit for companies who want to test their written programs first to see if they are ready for full audit because they are divided into two separate audit phases: documentation and facility. Companies can make corrections between the two audit phases, without impacting their final score, which can save money in the long run.
Why Use AIBI-CS Over Other SQF-Approved Certification Bodies?
- Our auditors are well calibrated, which means our clients are less likely to have their certificates revoked or withdrawn due to procedure error by the certification body.
- AIBI-CS is committed to providing the best possible products and services to our valued clients at the most competitive price points in the industry.
- 90% of companies using AIBI-CS as their certification body stay with us. The industry average is 79.9%.
- Our auditors are routinely witnessed by ANSI, AIBI-CS's accreditation body.
AIBI-CS has auditors competent in the following SQF product categories:
- Dairy Food Processing
- Bakery and Snack Food Processing
- Fruit and Vegetable Processing
- Canning, Pasteurizing (except dairy), UHT, and Aseptic Operations
- Ice, Drink, and Beverage
- Preserved Foods
- Food Ingredient
- Recipe Meals
- Oils, Fats
- Cereal Grains and Nuts
- Fresh Produce Wholesaling and Distribution
- Food Wholesaling and Distribution
- Food Sector Packaging Materials
- Pet Food
What Is the SQF Certification Process?
An optional audit used to assess the level of compliance of the system against the SQF Code (and level).
Desktop review and facility audit to assess the effectiveness of a facility’s system against the requirements of the SQF Code. Certification is granted for rating of E, G, or C (Excellent, Good, or Compliant) and is valid for 12 months.
- Recertification Audit
Recertification verifies continued effectiveness of a facility’s system and reviews past performance over the period of the certification (12 months).
- Surveillance Audit
These audits are required in the event of C rating during certification or recertification audits and are conducted after six months.
- Unannounced Audit
Certified SQF suppliers are required to have one unannounced audit within their three year certification cycle, but they are not conducted during the initial certification audit or on a surveillance audit.
AIBI-CS obtains accreditation based on scheme owner's requirements.