Display your commitment to the highest food quality, safety, and legal
standards when you achieve certification to the IFS Logistics standards.
IFS certification demonstrates that your organization strives for
excellence in quality and customer satisfaction while providing you with a
competitive advantage. You can prove to your customers that all logistics activities for food and nonfood products, such as transport, storage, distribution, loading and unloading, stay stable along the supply chain.
*IFS Logistics audits are carried out by approved and certified AIBI-CS auditors.
Who Needs It?
IFS Logistics is a Standard for auditing companies whose activities are
logistics oriented for food and non-food products, such as transport,
storage, loading/unloading, etc.
IFS Logistics applies to all types of transport: delivery by road,
rail, ship or plane; frozen/refrigerated products or ambient stable
products (different states of matter: liquid, solid or gas).
This standard also applies to freezing and thawing service providers as well
as for logistics companies using service providers for their transport
and/or storage activities.
IFS Logistics shall not apply to the following activities:
- processing of food or non-food products (except for freezing and thawing processes, as a service)
- importation, trading of goods (offices, e.g. typical broker companies with purchasing activities)
- transportation of living animals
The Certification Process
The IFS certification provided by our experts involves the following four
- Pre-audit (optional)
- Certification audit
- Annual recertification audit
- Follow up audit is required in a specific situation when the results of the audit (an initial audit or a renewal audit) have been insufficient to allow the award of the certificate
What Are the Key Benefits?
Covers product quality, safety, and legality
Encourages best practices within the distribution chain
Meet quality specifications set by trading partners at home and abroad
Improve your company’s performance and competitiveness
Increase food safety
Boost customer confidence
IFS Logistics version 2.2 is effective on June 1, 2018.